- Ultra-fast, 4G-enabled smartphone running Android 2.2; capable of running full Firefox desktop browser with optional accessories
- 4-inch qHD (Quarter High Definition) touchscreen; Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (with optional Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot service); GPS for navigation and location services
- 5-MP camera; HD 720p camcorder; front-facing video chat camera; Bluetooth stereo music; 16 GB memory plus microSD expansion; corporate and personal e-mail
- Up to 9 hours of talk time, up to 250 hours (10+ days) of standby time; released in February, 2011
- What's in the Box: handset, removable battery, charger, USB cable, HDMI cable, quick start guide
- Product Dimensions: 2.1 x 0.6 x 4.2 inches ; 4.6 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 10.4 ounces
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- ASIN: B004KZP4BQ
- Item model number: Atrix
Enjoy the power of mobile computing in the palm of your hand with the Motorola ATRIX 4G for AT&T, which offers a 1 GHz dual-core processor and the ability to connect to AT&T's ultra-fast 4G mobile broadband network. Powered by the Android 2.2 platform (learn more below), it also features Motorola's webtop application, which offers a PC-like experience and runs a full Mozilla Firefox 3.6 browser with support for Adobe Flash Player (requires optional dock).
With AT&T's 4G network, you'll enjoy mobile broadband speeds up to 4x faster than AT&T's already fast mobile broadband network (learn more below). You also get the optional AT&T Mobile Hotspot service built right into the smartphone--enabling you to connect additional Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the phone's mobile broadband signal.
The NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor (2 x 1 GHz) allows you to multi-task quickly, while the 1 GB of RAM provides PC-like power and performance. The 4-inch qHD touchscreen display offers a rich 24-bit color depth and a 960 x 540-pixel resolution for extremely sharp images.
Other features include a 5-megapixel camera/camcorder that can capture video at HD 720p resolution, ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth for stereo music streaming and connecting to peripherals, 16 GB internal memory, microSD expansion (up to 32 GB), MOTOBLUR for integrated social networking, GPS for location-based services and navigation using Google Maps, HDMI audio/video output, and up to 9 hours of talk time.
s complemented by optional accessories that include a super-thin laptop dock--for which ATRIX 4G is the "engine"--and an HD media dock that uses ATRIX 4G's HDMI video output capabilities and processing power to enable a revolutionary browsing, application, productivity, and media experience (learn more below).
Your Digital Hub
The Motorola ATRIX 4G is the only smartphone that allows you to carry the power and performance of mobile computing inside your pocket. Motorola ATRIX 4G is built around a 1 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB of RAM for the horsepower you need to keep pace with all aspects of your life. Web pages open twice as fast as non-dual-core smartphones and Adobe Flash Player makes it possible to view a full range of online animations and video.
PC Power from Your Smartphone
You'll be able to create, edit, and interact with all your documents, media, and content using Motorola's webtop application (when connected to an optional dock). The ATRIX 4G can be used to browse your favorite web sites with a full Firefox desktop browser, view social networking sites, and use HTML5 web-based applications and supported cloud computing services while running your Android applications in a window. And you'll also be able to send instant messages and make phone calls--all at the same time. Calls continue uninterrupted even if the ATRIX 4G is removed from the dock.
To access the webtop application, with the Laptop Dock, simply dock the phone to the Laptop Dock and webtop launches automatically. Or, dock your phone in the HD Multimedia Dock and choose between webtop and Entertainment Center mode.
Empower Your Fun
The dual-core processor lets the ATRIX 4G render graphics and games faster, and everything you see on the ATRIX 4G screen is in crisp, rich 24-bit color with the world's first qHD (Quarter High Definition) smartphone display. With the U-verse mobile app from AT&T, U-verse subscribers can browse a library of shows for streaming to the ATRIX 4G, and remotely schedule recordings on their DVRs at home.
And the ATRIX 4G offers up to 48 GB of memory--16 GB on board and an optional 32 GB microSD card--giving you space to store thousands of songs, photos, and files to keep you entertained wherever your life takes you.
MOTOBLUR is Motorola's exclusive experience that syncs contacts, posts, messages, photos and much more--from your favorite social media sites, work and personal e-mail, and last.fm--and automatically delivers them to your home screen.
The 5-megapixel camera also captures HD 720p video larger image.
- Filter social networking and messages widgets: Filter by social networking account, by contact(s) or by contact group to only see the information you want.
- Improved social networking functionality: Retweet, like Facebook comments, and more.
- Screen customization: Move and resize preloaded widgets on up to three home screens.
- Battery manager: Manage battery consumption by operating in one of three performance modes.
- Personal and corporate e-mail: Pushed directly to the device.
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity via AT&T's HSPA+ network (with enhanced backhaul). See more about AT&T's 4G service
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Optional AT&T Mobile Hotspot service enabling you to connect multiple devices--from tablets to gaming devices--to the phone's 3G/4G cellular connection via Wi-Fi.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Integrated Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views
- Optional AT&T Navigator service includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates, and re-routing options.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, A2DP audio streaming, and for connecting to peripherals like a wireless keyboard.
OS & Software
- Android 2.2 operating system (Froyo) (learn more
- BLOCKBUSTER app enables you to discover and download the latest movie rentals on the go.
- Quick Office 3.0 for viewing, editing, and creating Microsoft Office files right on your phone.
- Need for Speed Shift racing game (demo version)
- DLNA capabilities enables you to share your photo albums, videos and movies wirelessly with a compatible HDTV or other DLNA device.
Design and Hardware
- Dual-core 1 GHz processor capable of opening web pages twice as fast as most other smartphones.
- 4-inch qHD touchscreen display (Quarter High Definition; 960 x 540 pixels) made of ultra-durable Corning Gorilla Glass with accelerometer plus proximity and ambient light sensors.
- Onscreen keyboard
- Swype input system allows you to input text faster and easier by gliding your finger around the onscreen keyboard, moving from letter to letter in one continuous motion.
- Removable battery
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, Windows Live Messenger, and Google Talk).
- Access to personal and corporate e-mail (including support for Exchange and push Gmail).
- Easy access to social networks including Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter.
- Photo uploading capabilities to Facebook, MySpace, Photobucket, and Picasa.
- Full HTML web browsing via Android HTML Webkit browser; Mozilla Firefox 3.6 browser (when using optional dock).
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and auto focus
- HD 720p video capture capabilities at 30 frames per second (fps)
- Front-facing camera for video chats (VGA resolution)
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA9, and AAC/AAC+/eAAC+
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, H.264
- 16 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 1 GB of DDR2 RAM is twice the RAM of most smartphones and delivers effortless multi-tasking.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- HDMI audio/video port enables you to output pictures, slides and videos in HD quality (720p) via included HDMI cable (future software upgrade to 1080p video output).
- Micro USB 2.0 port with mass storage capabilities.
- Text-to-speech capabilities including read-out of text and e-mail messages.
- Voice commands
- Organizer tools including calendar and alarm clock.
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication.
- Fingerprint sensor for added security built in on the rear of the device. Set your screen lock to Fingerprints, and you can unlock your phone by swiping your finger over that sensor.